ABOUT LEADERSHIP TOLEDO:
Leadership Toledo exists to cultivate a community of leaders dedicated to serving with authenticity and purpose. Since 1980, Leadership Toledo has worked to inspire community involvement in over 2000 individuals highlighting Toledo has a special place to call home.
As the source for creating and retaining Toledo champions and ambassadors, we encourage participants to:
Lead: become more confident leaders
Connect: connect with their community on a deeper level
Grow: grow in stronger self-awareness
Serve: identify service that is meaningful to them
ABOUT SIGNATURE PROGRAM:
The Signature Program at Leadership Toledo provides adults a ten-month experience that balances service and volunteerism with personal growth. Class members from diverse backgrounds come together each month for intensive sessions focusing on our community’s needs and how best to serve these needs.
Each session includes discussion, education, and participation as well as the chance to develop professional connections. In addition to the regular sessions, participants work in small project teams that bring their collective knowledge and energy to a deserving not-for-profit or civic organization.
Tuition for the Signature Program is $2950. Limited scholarships are available.
Who Should Apply?
You might consider applying for our Signature Program if the following qualities describe you:
- Passion for the people and the future of our area
- Personal commitment to shaping Toledo’s future
- Commitment to community through past and present activities
- Demonstrated leadership within your organization and/or community
- Desire to engage, connect with, and learn from cross-sector leaders with different perspectives
- Have the ability to make the time commitment required with the full support of the applicant’s employer
The Signature Program provides a return on investment for individuals, their organizations, and the community at large. Leadership Toledo acts as a catalyst to cultivate leaders of all ages and cultures by connecting them to people, knowledge, experiences, and opportunities.
The purpose of the Signature Program is to transform a highly motivated group of individuals into a network of leaders with knowledge and commitment to benefit the entire area. In addition to providing on-site, experiential knowledge of the greater Toledo community, they’ll also get an understanding of how growing their leadership skills can positively impact other aspects of their lives.
- Understand the importance of community leadership
- Identify opportunities where you can plug in as a leader in your own community based on your passions
- Build a network for peer mentorship across sectors and industries
- Leverage connections and collective resources that facilitate innovative solutions
- Be a part of a broad group—of current participants and alumni—dedicated to building community together
- Expand self-awareness
- Incorporate different points of view in decision-making
- Form deep, lasting and meaningful relationships and partnerships
- Develop a broader understanding of public issues and policies-
- Drive and facilitate public dialogue
- Inspire others in discovering the opportunities and challenges our community faces