An inside look at the Toledo region
Focus 419 provides a deeper understanding of our community and empowers individuals to take on active leadership roles through an immersive 2½ day experience
Leadership Toledo's newest program, Focus 419, offers everyone – from newcomers to native Toledoans – an insider's look at our community by providing a fast-paced overview of its rich history, culture, and the many things that make our city extraordinary.
This opportunity includes presentations, panels, tours, and activities where participants will hear from local business, civic and community leaders on the past, present and future potential of our region. Class members will then discover and engage with volunteer opportunities through area nonprofits that are helping to address the needs facing our community.
Goals & Objectives
Leadership Toledo strives for participants to:
- Build relationships with community leaders and stakeholders
- Gain an understanding of community development principles and practices
- Feel empowered to make a positive impact by putting their leadership skills into action
- Learn about the most critical issues facing our community and how you can be part of the solution
- Make connections to activate your personal network
- Raise your organization’s profile in the leadership community
- Become part of an influential network of diverse leaders as a Leadership Toledo alum
What to Expect
- Learn about the city's history, current standing, and future possibilities
- Meet and engage with 25-30 leaders who are learning alongside you
- Interact with leaders from a variety of industries, including government, economic development, law enforcement, education, social services, and the arts
- Process what you have learned through hands-on activities
- Depart inspired to make an impact in your community
Who Should Participate
Anyone with enthusiasm to learn more about the greater Toledo area and who wants to take an active role in bettering the community. This experience is just as beneficial for newcomers as it is longtime residents!
Details & Tuition
Time Commitment: Two full days and one half day. Sessions take place during the traditional workday.
Tuition: $750 (limited partial scholarships available)
Cohort size: Limited to 35 individuals
Wednesday, June 26, 2024 | 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, June 27, 2024 | 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Friday, June 28, 2024 | 9:00 am - 1:00 pm